what happened to RunDinstallHourly proposal?

Hi
I was just browsing through the wiki and came across this very interesting idea. It would be really useful if the mirrors are updated more frequently. I need not wait for one day to erect my broken sid machine.

http://wiki.debian.net/?RunDinstallHourly

I have also read the corresponding thread on debian-devel

I was just wondering if there are any efforts currently undergoing to make this a reality? or has the idea been just dropped? What is preventing its implementation?

I guess this is something that should be done by the DDs as they have access to the actual machines or is there anything that a normal user (like me) can do to make this possible?

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi