Re: status of jackd? (bug #318098)

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 03:12:52PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:

> >That, of course, when we're not busy handling unhelpful "ideas" or
> >complaints from people who do not really understand what's going on. How
> >many times more this same discussion is going to happen?

>   why do you assume I don't know how debian release process works?

Well, for understanding how the release process works, you certainly seem to
be expending quite a few words arguing the claim that people are
gratuitously breaking things in unstable -- despite your own admission that
you don't actually *know* what the issue with jackd is.

Ok, so I guess you have a pretty solid grasp of Debian list *culture*, but
that doesn't really imply you understand the release processes... :)

>   and I guess it will be repeated until debian (i.e. debian developers)
> comes up with a solution. Perhpas the fact that this is being repeated
> over and over means that it should be addressed?

No, it just explains why developers are irritated when the hundredth user in
a row comes to complain about unstable being... unstable.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer