Re: Packaging a PostScript resource

Dear Terry,

* Terry Burton <terry.burton@gmail.com> [050810 16:36]:
> Okay. I've created a Debian package for Barcode Writer in Pure PostScript at
> http://www.terryburton.co.uk/barcodewriter/files/libpostscriptbarcode.deb.
>  Are there any DDs willing to examine this and, if all is well, upload it
> for me?

I appreciate your efford, but please let me tell you, that it is
a) highly uncommon to ask for a package sponsor without an url to the
   source packages.
b) your package is far from being well enough to be included in Debian.

Sorry, but let's start with some simple things:  No copyright file?  No
changelog?  Documentation in /usr/lib/foo?  And actually I fail to see
what the benefit is of having a small postscript document showing me
something about barcodes as a debian package?  Or am I missing
something?  The package I just took a quick view at just contains a
postscript file, nothing more.

Did you read the New Maintainers Guide, yet?  It's available at
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide.  Are you aware of the
debian-mentors list at http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/?

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander