Re: curl reverts to openssl (but the story does not ends here)

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 02:10:29AM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> <rant>
> BTW what about gssapi support? kerberos or heimdal?

> hmmm... there is smell of combinatorial explosion. debian is about
> choice, not explosions, isn't it? how much it is for choice and how
> much is for explosions?
> </rant>

Mmm, FWIW, there are no license issues with MIT/Heimdal Kerberos that would
necessitate having two builds.  I'm not sure if there are other reasons
currently to prefer one over the other except in talking with particular
servers, but one certainly shouldn't try to do dual builds of packages
unless such use cases manifest.

> i continue to think that having only a curl+gnutls package is the
> long term solution but i'll be glad to hear also your opinion and
> suggestions. [1]

Agreed, but of course the source has to be in a state to allow that.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer