Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 10:28:08AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> on 5 applicants per month. And, BTW, is it not our problem to have too
Well, I can just say such AMs a big "Thank you" :-)

> few AMs and you propose reducing their numbers even more? Even an AM
> > Now I'm not sure exactly how hard an AM's work is
> Yes, one could see that.
So, Andreas is making the point that it is good to keep "silent" AMs on
the list with hope that some of them can get at least 1 NM
on-board and work with him/her...

Then I have a better idea...  It seems to me that any DD-professional is capable
of performing AM duties, isn't it? Then I would say it might make sense
to send an announcement to any DD with experience over X month and Y
packages maintained if they want to be just considered for AM process.

After that, any such DD would be informed about fresh meat NM which
comes in the queue. To interest/intrigue any particular DD I would
suggest to include a short (up to 100 words) "resume" from NM covering
his interests/experience.  Debian is a community project after all and
personally, I get excited when I get in touch with people having similar
interests.

That is why I think that a short resume (after NM was advocated) + wider
range of AMs can help to resolve the congestion.

To get it more standardized it can be a simple form to fill in with
interest/experience options to be marked. That might interest AMs/DDs in
considering a specific applicant.

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]