Re: Please participate in popularity-contest

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 22:00 +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Ron Johnson]
> > Soon after you put it in Experimental, installed it, for that very
> > reason.
>
> I got a parse error on this one.  I suspect you are unaware that the
> HTTP option is available in unstable, version 1.30.

Yes.  But I installed it back when it entered Exprimental.

> > Maybe a post to d-u would spread the word.
>
> Yes, that would be nice.  But I leave that to someone reading that
> list. :)

I think I can do that.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

In 1929, when the Great Depresion hit, while all the other
tabulating companies retrenched, Thomas Watson Sr. insisted that
IBM's factories stay open and R&D spending increase. Thus, in
1935 when FDR signed the Social Security Act, and businesses and
gov't had a huge need for tabulating/sorting machines, IBM was in
position to dominate the industry, and did so for the next 45
years.