Re: SUMMARY: Re: shared library -dev package naming proposal

* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) wrote:
> It doesn't exist; I think it's a great idea.  Perhaps a tool named
> dh_libtool, which populates a substvar named ${libtool:Depends}?

This sounds reasonable to me; I appriciate that it's a libtool-specific
thing and not a blanket policy. :)

> FWIW, detecting a fixed libtool would be rather difficult, since it's the
> libtool used by the depending application which does the recursion and
> therefore needs to be fixed.

I'd think we could come up with a way to detect the version of libtool
in use, somehow. :)  Could always have the tool accept a command-line
option to force it one way or the other.  Then we could run around and
file bugs to use the tool, and then bugs to upgrade libtool. :)

	Stephen