Re: The BTS and bug subscriptions

[Re-sent, gmane seems to have swallowed the original version.]
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> [Florian Weimer]
>> Developers must be careful to Cc: the submitters, otherwise they
>> probably never receive the message.

> What about the #-submitter@bugs.debian.org address?  I thought it send
> a message both to BTS and to the submitter?  I use it all the time
> when I want the submitter to get the message.  I almost never CC to
> the submitter.

Hello,
nnn-submitter@bugs.debian.org is archived in the BTS
(http://b.d.o/nnn) *and* forwarded to the submitter but _not_ forwarded
to the maintainer. Iirc it sets
in the forwared mail, so the submitter's answer will not reach the
maintainer either, as it is sent to -quiet.

Iirc the bts is now smart enough to not show a mail sent

To: nnn-submitter@bugs.debian.org,nnn@bugs.debian.org

twice on http://b.d.o/nnn.
              cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.