Re: Usability: Technical details in package descriptions?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:08:43 -0300, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> said:

> On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 19:58 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
>> nstead of putting it in the first sentence, the second paragraph
>> would be a fine place to mention details like this, satisfying both
>> novice and advanced users.

> But why bother, when debtags does "implemented-in" does the job
> better?

        Because that information is not presented to me in aptitude,
 one of the preferred front ends to package management.  Once the deb
 tags system gets integrated into the front ends, the long description
 can stop shouldering some of the load of presenting all the
 useful/relevant infdormation to the user interested in making an
 informed decision.

        manoj
--
I want to dress you up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and cover you with
VASELINE and WHEAT THINS ...