Re: Usability: Technical details in package descriptions?

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 13:45 +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> Hence the language in which a program is
> implemented is somewhat relevant, at least to me.

The conclusion is clear: the programming language is relevant to some
users, but not to others (who are presumed to be large in quantity). So
it's perfectly ok to mention the programming language, but not at the
start of the description.

nstead of putting it in the first sentence, the second paragraph would
be a fine place to mention details like this, satisfying both novice and
advanced users.

Regards,
Thijs