Re: about voting for bugs

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 01:00:04PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Andreas Tille]
> > if you ask me any bug is worth fixing, also if only a single user
> > complained about the problem.  So why spending effort in "rating"
> > bugs?
>
> To get some indication on the order the bugs should be solved in?  As
> we have limited time and people, it is smart to start with the bugs
> affecting most people.

I can only see usefulness for QA team (orphaned) packages. A properly
maintained package should have a thinking machine (maintainer)
who is able to discriminate what's a spurious bug and what's not.
That could be useful to create a priority list for QA team jobs, but
I wonder if it's better than the proposed popcon approach.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine