Re: Who needs libcurl3? (was libcurl3-dev: A development package linked again gnutls needed)

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 03:19:54PM -0400, sean finney wrote:
> > Why not building curl --without-sssl and --with-gnutls=/usr? Maybe a
> > NMU?
>
> this is definitely NOT a reason to NMU libcurl.  remember that it is
> your package that is "broken".  of course you could still file a

The same issues as with libcurl applied to libldap2. They were
considered a bug in libldap2 back then because half the distribution
links it. Gave me a lot of recurring head aches.

Basically I'd vote for avoiding license bombs like this in our archive.
Most software is GPL and upstream seldom knows about those issues.

Greetings

	Torsten