Re: shared library -dev package naming proposal

Hi,

> > 2. The information of -dev packages depending on other -dev packages
> > cannot be automatically determined currently;
> > it should be possible to obtain a minimal list by analyzing the
> > NEEDED field of the objdump output.
>
> Errr, -dev packages generally don't (and shouldn't) depend on other -dev
> packages.  If you're trying to push the idea that -dev packages should
> depend on the -dev packages of libraries they depend on- don't.  That's
> *wrong*, it's the completely wrong approach and should *not* be taken.

Give me justifications rather than just saying *wrong*,
because you are giving me an argument that is contrary to
current practice in Debian.

-dev packages do depend on other -dev packages,
and if they don't work, they are usually filed a serious bug
for non-functionality.

regards,
	junichi