Re: shared library -dev package naming proposal

* Junichi Uekawa (dancer@netfort.gr.jp) wrote:
> There may be other showstoppers.

What does doing this solve?  What does it even help with?

> I would really like this 10-year old non-regulation to
> go to a concensus (it is indeed rather embarassing we don't
> agree on a good solution after 10 years...)

non-regulation?  What non-regulation?  What regulation?  Indeed, I'm not
sure there *isn't* majority agreement- it's just that you're in the
minority...  That doesn't a concensus make, but, well, you'd have to
change your mind and you don't seem too keen on doing that..

The only good solution is to not let people who don't know how to handle
API and ABI changes and understand SONAMEs and how loaders and symbols
work to write libraries.

	Stephen