Re: "How to recognise different ETCH wishlists from quite a long way away" (revised)

In article <[🔎] 87eka57wd9.fsf@glaurung.internal.golden-gryphon.com> you wrote:
>        If this compromises their effectiveness, then they deserve
> every consequence of their laziness. A programmer being lazy does not
> mean sloppy, unprofessional, incompetence. I think you do not have a
> concept of what that statement was meant to convey in the first
> place -- laziness means that programmers automate away common tasks

however expecting a programmer to read docs does not mean it is ok to ship
outdated and confusing (example) config files. I had to track down the
correct upload queses multiple times (before dupload was fixed). This is
just awaste of time if it does not work with sane defaults.