Re: mail all bug reporters

On 29-Jun-05, 07:26 (CDT), Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> wrote:
> The BTS is public, and we encourage public discussion of bugs, so you
> should not assume that the old maintainer talked with the submitter in
> private to begin with.

The design of the BTS (mails sent to nnnn@b.d.o are *not* sent to the
submitter, so that one continually hacking the headers to make sure that
replies go everywhere necessary) makes it awfully easy to for a bug
conversation to slip into un-intentional privacy.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net