Re: mail all bug reporters

Hallo Santiago,

* Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> [2005-06-29 13:21]:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Nico Golde wrote:
> > I think you misunderstood me. Example:
> > An adopted package xxx has a lot of old bugs which are
> > related to very old versions. Now the maintainer changes.
> > Now he wants to send mails to all bug openors if the bug is
> > still actual and can be reproduced.
>
> That's not a reason good enough, IMHO, to send virtually identical email
> to a lot of people.
>
> Instead, try to reproduce the bug yourself, and ask the submitter to
> reproduce it only if you can't.

Yes generally I agree, but there are bugs where this would
be the case for all bugs.
Especially if the maintainer changes it is very hard to
understand them because he had no contact to the submitters
and doesn't know what the old maintainer talked in private
to the submitter.
regards nico
--
Nico Golde - JAB: nion@jabber.ccc.de | GPG: 0x73647CFF