Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Cameron Patrick wrote:
I'm curious as to how this would apply to Debian-derived distributions
which either (a) don't change the Firefox/Thunderbird packages, or (b)
change them in some trivial way.  Would someone taking the packages
unchanged from Debian be required to either ask MoFo for a trademark
agreement or rename their Firefox?

As I've said to Eric, and earlier on this list, anyone not changing the package would definitely not need to ask. I also suggested that anyone changing it within the bounds of the current trademark policy (e.g. bookmarks, start page etc.) would also not need to ask - which hopefully covers the "trivial" changes that most people would want to make.

Perhaps it would help if I posted my proposal again?

Gerv