Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies

Roger Leigh wrote:

> Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On 6/27/05, John H. Robinson, IV <jaqque@debian.org> wrote:
> >> (and thusly /usr/bin) between architectures. You can with /usr/share, as
> >> it is architecture independent.
> >
> > I guess the tools aren't capable of this, but AFAIK you could just do
> > (manually) something like /usr/i386/bin and /usr/ppc/bin

This is a bit more complicated than a simpt dpkg -i, and far more
difficult to remove.

> The whole cpu-manfr-opsys triplet would be better.

If you wanted to go that route, and you had spare room on the filer, you
could effectively do chroots of entire systems.

/vol/redhat-advanced-server-x86
/vol/debian-sarge-i386
/vol/debian-sarge-ppc
/vol/ubuntu-hoary-ppc