Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies

Roger Leigh wrote:
> Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek@gmail.com> writes:
> > On 6/27/05, John H. Robinson, IV <jaqque@debian.org> wrote:
> >> (and thusly /usr/bin) between architectures. You can with /usr/share, as
> >> it is architecture independent.
> >
> > I guess the tools aren't capable of this, but AFAIK you could just do
> > (manually) something like /usr/i386/bin and /usr/ppc/bin

This is a bit more complicated than a simpt dpkg -i, and far more
difficult to remove.

> The whole cpu-manfr-opsys triplet would be better.

If you wanted to go that route, and you had spare room on the filer, you
could effectively do chroots of entire systems.

Or whatever scheme you want to use.

John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above,         sbih.org ( )(:[
as apparently my cats have learned how to type.          spiders.html  ((((