Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

Steve Kemp wrote:

>   Email may appear to be realtime, and you may even expect it to
>  be because this is frequently how it works.  But this is not guaranteed.
>
>   Either way people's, misguided, beliefs on the realtimeness of
>  email delivery is not a valid reason to choose against greylisting.

I assure you the Internet is not guaranteed to be up either. I propose
we down it, as your mistaken belief in the reliability of the Internet
is not a valid reason to choose against shutting it down to stop spam.

People's expectation for email to be nearly instantaneous are a very
good reason for it to be so.