Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

Le Ven 17 Juin 2005 14:13, Steve Greenland a écrit :
> On 17-Jun-05, 01:41 (CDT), Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org>
wrote:
> > the delay it creates. [...] but for our @debian.org addresses ...
> > that sucks, I often rely on the fact that delivery is immediate on
> > those.
>
> Then you don't understand how the internet and SMTP works. There is
> absolutely no guarantee the mail will be delivered immediately, and
> no reasonable expectation of such.
>
> As a practical matter, the only time the delay is significant is when
> trying to carry on an e-mail conversation, which by very definition
> is not going to be delayed after the first exchange.

I perfectly understand what SMTP is, and I perfectly *don't* understand
why having a 30 minutes delay or even a 2 or 3 hours delay in some
conditions is tolerable.

> >   SRS changes the MAIL FROM for one user every 3 or 4 hours. so
> > every 3 or 4 hours he comes stuck in greylisting server again and
> > again. For such domains, greylisting sucks.
>
> Yet another reason SRS is broken.

I don't know any better solution in order to be SPF compliant when you
have a redirection service. please tell me, I'll use it. but any method
will require :
 * sender rewriting
 * time dependant hash in order to avoid open relay
and will create such a problem.

For the record, I don't like SRS, but I don't know anything else that
would work with SPF.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit