Re: Greylisting for @debian.org email, please

On 17-Jun-05, 01:41 (CDT), Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
> the delay it creates. [...] but for our @debian.org addresses ...
> that sucks, I often rely on the fact that delivery is immediate on
> those.

Then you don't understand how the internet and SMTP works. There is
absolutely no guarantee the mail will be delivered immediately, and no
reasonable expectation of such.

As a practical matter, the only time the delay is significant is when
trying to carry on an e-mail conversation, which by very definition is
not going to be delayed after the first exchange.

>   SRS changes the MAIL FROM for one user every 3 or 4 hours. so every 3
> or 4 hours he comes stuck in greylisting server again and again. For
> such domains, greylisting sucks.

Yet another reason SRS is broken.

Steve

--