Re: Testing package installation, upgrading, and removal

ma, 2005-06-20 kello 16:47 +0100, Paul Brossier kirjoitti:
> how about an optional debian/package.piuparts file that would contain
> the syntax to make runtime tests? this would allow to check that
> executables can be run, and possibly that their result is consistent. it
> could even be used to detect memory leaks.

I've been thinking about that kind of package testing as well, but
haven't gotten very far with it. See my two web log entries about it:

http://liw.iki.fi/liw/log/2005-05.html#20050507b
http://liw.iki.fi/liw/log/2005-05.html#20050509c

In other words, I don't think it should be tied to piuparts, but if
suitable debian/rules targets are standardized on, piuparts could
certainly run such checks.