Re: Testing package installation, upgrading, and removal

[Joey Hess]
> I want to run a test that installs each package in woody in turn,
> upgrades them to sarge, then to sid, then purges it, then looks for
> /usr/doc and /usr/info stuff that is were produced during the
> package's install or upgrade and not removed.

I made a script to test upgrades from woody to sarge a long time ago.
This script is available from
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/upgrade-testing/test-upgrade.sh>.

Perhaps it could be used to get some ideas for the upgrade testing?

It would also be interesting to see if the package left some processes
behind (aka not using start-stop-daemon), or if any files are left
behind when the package is purged.  I never wrote code to do this,
though.