Re: TODO for etch ?

[Adam Majer]
> That could "save" a grand total of about a second. Also, during
> startup the bottleneck is the hard drive in many cases so starting
> concurrently might not speed up your boot process significantly.

Do you have any good references document this fact?  I've seen
articles documenting a speedup when things are started in parallell,
so I wounder where you got your information from.

<URL:http://initng.thinktux.net/index.php/Boot_charts_Official>
indicate that a sigificant speedup is possible, and I would really
love to speed up the debian boot sequence.