Re: Mozilla Foundation Trademarks

Michael writes:
> Debian doesn't "need" such an arrangement, as I argued in a previous
> thread six months ago; there's the Coty v. Prestonettes standard and all
> that.  But IMHO it would be advisable for both sides if such an
> arrangement were reached.

Exactly.  If Debian doesn't need such an arrangement, neither do our users.
And if our users don't need such an arrangement, our accepting it does not
put us in a privileged position with respect to them: they have the legal
right to do everything that we want to do with or without permission.

So let's accept the "arrangement" and move on.  There is no DFSG problem
here even if we do accept the notion that the DFSG applies to trademarks.
--
John Hasler
(IANAL, IAADD)