Re: Mozilla Foundation Trademarks

John Hasler wrote:
Alexander Sack writes:

In general the part of the MoFo brand we are talking about is the product
name (e.g. firefox, thunderbird, sunbird). From what I can recall now, it
is used in the help menu, the about box, the package-name and the window
title bar.

I'm not convinced that any of these constitute trademark infringement.

Then I'm slightly confused as to your concept of trademark infringement. If I label the car I've built as a Ford (even if it uses a lot of Ford parts), it infringes Ford's trademark.

I haven't heard anyone else disputing that to ship a web browser called "Firefox", Debian needs an arrangement with the owner of the trademark "Firefox" as applied to web browsers.

Gerv