Re: Question regarding 'offensive' material

On 15/06/2005 Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Unfortunately people that are easily offended will always exist, even by
> simple human body parts displayed in a very abstract manner (more abstract
> than the pictures in any sexual education book). So we have to do
> something about it, because it's a given. I was thinking that maybe
> debtags would provide a solution. You can invent a tag "contains remote
> references to natural reproduction" and anyone can use that to filter out
> unwanted packages.

the problem is, that most of these sexual pictures or whatsoever are
created and even provided because they're offending. maybe not to offend
somebody directly, but rather because offending material is that popular.

the problem that it presumes somebody who feels offended is simply
ignored.

bye
 jonas