Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

17.06.2005 pisze Peter Samuelson (peter@p12n.org):

> I think you'd best come up with a better line of argument.  The "S" in
> DFSG does not stand for "copyright", it stands for "software".
> Software usually contains copyrighted code, and sometimes it also
> contains trademarked names or images.

> You can argue that the DFSG does not apply to trademark restrictions,
> but I hope you have a better reason than "S stands for Copyright".

You could also, as a courtesy to other readers, lay before us the
stunningly obvious proof that a free software that elects to use
trademarks automagically transmutates into non-free state.

Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

           Any system that depends on reliability is unreliable.