Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

* Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo <jsogo@debian.org> [050614 23:41]:
> > > I do not believe that this makes it non-free, but I encourage the
> > > ftpmasters to investigate if our infrastructure can support such a
> > > license.
> >
> > [...]
> > Anyway, this particular case would put an unacceptable burden on our
> > mirror network. If it was so difficult to add amd64, you can't ask them
> > to mirror snapshot.debian.net.
>
>  BTW; if we make snapshot.debian.net a .org service, we're shipping
> sources yet. You have to distribute it, you don't need to mirror it all
> around the world.

Note that any such infrastructure things would only allow us to
distribute them, but not change our rules that such a thing cannot be in
Debian main. If there are such problems, more infrastructure can only
allow them put in the non-free section.

  Bernhard R. Link