Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

> Yes.  Copyright and trademark are completely orthogonal.

Sorry John, but this is BS. The text of the GPL#6 says: "You may not impose *any* further
restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein." This *does* include trademark restrictions.

But this is a moot point for the time being, because I'm told that Debian distributes mozilla under the MPL (and I don't have the MPL text in hand), even if the MPL contains a choice-of-venue clause (and *I*, personally, consider a choice-of-venue clause non-free, and I seemed to recall that such consensus was reached in d-l, but I was told that I am wrong about this.).

So, at least until I have more info, I withdraw from this line of reasoning.

--
Massa