Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

>> Their trademark policy is something that should not exist in a free
>> software context. They don't care about free software. They don't care
>> about distributors/vendors.
>
> What is DFSG 4 if not a grudging acceptance of this sort of behaviour as
> free?

  (This is a compromise. The Debian Project encourages all authors to
  not restrict any files, source or binary, from being modified.)

Says it all.

Requiring a name change because we apply a security patch or fix a bug
crosses the border. It's not like if we were forking their codebase.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169