Re: Ongoing Firefox (and Thunderbird) Trademark problems

Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org> wrote:

> Now, the Mozilla Foundation is willing to give us permission to use
> the marks, but only to Debian specifically. To me, this feels like a
> violation (at least in spirit) of DFSG #8. It's now nearly six months

I'd say that it is a clear violation of the DFSG, not only in spirit.

> So for hopefully the last time I'd like to get people's opinion on
> this before I take any action. Am I being too pedantic? I'd also love
> to hear how Ubuntu is handling this (not to fan the flames, just to
> get a different perspective).

The Debian Way (tm) would be to drop mozilla, firefox and thunderbird
from Debian -- there's no reason what works with the FSF can't work
with the MoFo.

By the way, what is the status wrt OpenOffice.org, which has the same
kind of issue ?

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>