Re: Canonical and Debian

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:12:04AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> - hppa: one buildd, keeps up with package volume, but no backup buildd and
>   gdb seems to kill its kernel (yay); one porter machine.

The "gdb kills sarti" issue shouldn't be an issue once it's upgraded
to sarge and running a kernel that actually works... The lack of backup
buildd is simply because nobody has gone and set one up, it's not like
we're lacking beefy hardware. Same with a porter machine.

> The second most significant area of concern, for me, is having people being
> proactive about dealing with per-architecture build failures.  There's no
> particular reason that should be the buildd admins' or the release team's
> area of responsibility, either; all it requires is people who know what
> they're doing to file sensible bug reports without gratuitously duplicating
> efforts, and people who know the architectures to help the maintainers sort
> out bugs.

Easier access to the information would help this. Trawling the web
interface isn't my idea of fun, but if the fail logs for hppa hit my mailbox
I would be more inclined to help...

Regards,
--
Kyle McMartin