Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Which architecture do you refer to?  All architectures supported by
> debian are supported much better by 2.6 thn by 2.4, in fact none of
> them is supported anymore upstream except for important bugfixes.

Be that as it may, my feeling from reading a great many installation
reports is that giving users the ability to try 2.4 if 2.6 fails to work
(or vice versa) saves a fair number of installs that otherwise wouldn't
be possible for various reasons. Better supported != perfectly supported
after all, and 2.6 certianly still contains some regressions from 2.4.

--
see shy jo