Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 01:47:12AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Jun 07, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:
>
> > - _No_ bugs in base packages (well, at least no old bugs). Base system
> >   should be upgraded to latest upstream (forward patches!) this includes
> >   PAM, modutils...
> In my wishlist there is NO support of 2.4 kernels, so modutils would
> become unneeded.
> 2.4.x kernels are already obsolete by now except that for some doorstop
> architectures, I do not know about any other modern distribution which
> still installs one.

Since (at least) potato, Debian has always supported more than one major
line of kernels. I don't see why we suddenly would need to change that
now.

I _do_ agree, however, that 2.2 should be dropped. This might mean
having to drop the mac subarch for m68k if the kernel isn't fixed by the
time etch releases, but then so be it.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond