Re: And now for something completely different... etch!

On Jun 07, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> wrote:

> - _No_ bugs in base packages (well, at least no old bugs). Base system
>   should be upgraded to latest upstream (forward patches!) this includes
>   PAM, modutils...
In my wishlist there is NO support of 2.4 kernels, so modutils would
become unneeded.
2.4.x kernels are already obsolete by now except that for some doorstop
architectures, I do not know about any other modern distribution which
still installs one.

> - inetd begone! -> xinetd (better mechanism to control DoS, privilege
>   separation, etc.)
What about you try a decent inetd instead?
Anyway, I have in my wishlist being able to easily switch *inetd
daemons.

--
ciao,
Marco