Re: Canonical and Debian

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Josselin Mouette wrote:

Then how did these people end up choosing to support the same set of
architectures as Ubuntu?
There are always two explanations (at least):

  1) Debian is taken over by Ubuntu.
  2) Two different teams of people found the same solution for
     a common problem independently, because it is kind of reasonable.

Please note that I was one of the first who had questions about the
Vancouver meeting and I'm continuosely unhappy with the result but sometimes
we have to hit reality.  Beeing just unhappy about reality makes no sense.
Moreover I'm quite optimistic that we will be able to find a more positive
solution than the original Vancouver proposal, but I'll leave this decision
to people I regard competent in this field (I do not belong to this group
of competent people).  So there might be a cabal or there might be no cabal -
Vancouver is not acceptable as a proof for it.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de