Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:17:08AM -0500, Bill Allombert wrote:

> As far as popularity-contest is involved, Ubuntu users are not Debian
> users since they cannot report to popcon.debian.org because the
> popularity-contest package provided by Ubuntu report to popcon.ubuntu.com,

Do you see this, in itself, as a problem?  It seemed obvious to me that it
would be inappropriate for Ubuntu systems to submit their data to the same
repository as Debian users, since the data would be heavily skewed by our
default package selections, and difficult to filter.

reportbug submits to Ubuntu, instead of Debian, for similar reasons.

> Basically we have two packages that share the same name but include
> unrelated softwares.

They are different, but certainly they are closely related, no?

--
 - mdz