Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 08:49:34AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> *Especially* with their "everything is in Arch" philosophy.  There are
> good reasons that people may choose Subversion or Darcs instead.  Every
> VC I've ever used falls flat on its face in certain common scenarios,
> and Arch is no more a silver bullet than Darcs, Subversion, or CVS.

Certainly not, and I haven't claimed as such.  I mentioned which system we
would be using, for informational purposes, in response to a comment about
using revision control to aid collaboration.

> I would be very pleased to have Ubuntu folks track my Darcs
> repositories.  But at the same time, I don't *expect* them to.  Sending
> me diffs as wishlist bugs is still fine.

I expect that integrating with darcs will be a lower priority than with more
popular revision control systems.

> Just don't expect me to dig out arch and try to apply Arch diffs to my
> darcs repos.  Isn't going to happen.

I don't expect any particular involvement on the part of any individual
developer, just sharing a bit about how we intend to attack the problem of
managing all of these source code branches.

--
 - mdz