Re: Bits from GNU/kFreeBSD maintainer

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 04:15:59PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > - the architecture must be able to run a buildd 24/7 sustained
> >   (without crashing)
> > - the architecture must have an actual, running, working buildd

I am running a "manualbuilder", I mean sbuild fed up with the output of
quinn-diff, so that the packages are not to much out-dated.

> OTOH, this port needs some basic maintainance work that I'm no longer going to
> do.  If no person or group of people volunteers to do the tasks below, it'll be
> obvious to me the community is not interested in Debian GNU/kFreeBSD and thus
> it was condemned to disappear anyway.  They're listed in order of relevance,
> taking in account that this system is being used in production environments,
> where security support is essential:
>
>   - Maintaining the kernel package (kfreebsd5-source [3] and kfreebsd5 [4]).
>     This basicaly involves packaging new upstream releases and appliing
>     security patches from upstream when due to.

I am interested in this two packages. BTW, do you have some tips to give
concerning the packaging of the FreeBSD kernel.

>   - Run an autobuilder.
I plan to convert my "manualbuilder" to an autobuilder, but I don't have
a lot of time by now. However I'll try to do that before the end of June.

> Well, that's all.  Thanks for reading.  Feel free to contact me if you need
> assistance with adopting stuff related to GNU/kFreeBSD or my packages.
Are you planning to follow a little the development of the port? If it
is not the case, it would be nice to provide us the necessary
information to continue developping the port. I am thinking of:
- Access to the alioth project as administrator
- Way to contact the gnuab administrator
- ...

> So long, and thanks for all the fl^W^W^W^W^W^W
Thanks for your great job on this port.

Bye,
Aurelien

 : :' :  Debian GNU/Linux developer | Electrical Engineer