Re: Bits from GNU/kFreeBSD maintainer

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 04:39:25PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> >   - Maintaining the kernel package (kfreebsd5-source [3] and kfreebsd5 [4]).
> >     This basicaly involves packaging new upstream releases and appliing
> >     security patches from upstream when due to.
>
> I am interested in this two packages. BTW, do you have some tips to give
> concerning the packaging of the FreeBSD kernel.

They're yours, then.

I can't think of any tips right now, but if you have questions feel free to
ask.

> > Well, that's all.  Thanks for reading.  Feel free to contact me if you need
> > assistance with adopting stuff related to GNU/kFreeBSD or my packages.
> Are you planning to follow a little the development of the port?

I might follow it, but I don't plan to be involved in the development.  I will,
however, try to be helpful with you or anyone who wants to work on it, and
answer the necessary questions or the like.

> If it
> is not the case, it would be nice to provide us the necessary
> information to continue developping the port. I am thinking of:
> - Access to the alioth project as administrator

Done.

> - Way to contact the gnuab administrator

Our contact is Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org>

Good luck, and thanks for your interest!

--
 .''`.   Proudly running Debian GNU/kFreeBSD unstable/unreleased (on UFS2+S)
: :' :