Re: Release update: minor delay; no non-RC fixes; upgrade reports

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 02:56:47PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> The release team has said in announcements before the second announced
> release date for sarge that the whole release schedule was based on
> the installer schedule.

> For a casual reader of d-d-a it might not be obvious that this has
> changed.

Eh?  Have you been reading some other d-d-a than the rest of us?

The last ones have been about RC bugs[0],[1] and then[2] there was a call
for upgrades which took longer "due to a hairy bug".  No installer
mentions there.

The one before that[3] is a mixed bag of things that were fixed none of
which were the installer.

So I have to go back through 4 announcements and two months before I
even find a mention of the installer which just says[4] that RC3 was done
and that sarge will release with it.

Perhaps by "casual reader" you mean certain journalists who don't even
bother to read those messages at all?  It's clear from d-d-a that the
release not happening has had nothing to do with the installer lately.

I don't know what your point is but I lump this post in with your other
recent trolls and felt it needed debunking (no pun intended).

You're a native German speaker right Adrian?  Perhaps you could help
Debian instead by pointing out the journalist's mistake(s).

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/05/msg00020.html
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/05/msg00011.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/05/msg00010.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/04/msg00023.html