Re: new cogito package, OpenSSL license issue resolved

On Fri, 13 May 2005 23:44:05 -0600, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:

> I've updated the Cogito package to compile against the upstream-included
> GPL SHA1 implementation lifted from Mozilla, instead of the (possibly)
> GPL-incompatible OpenSSL code.  Thanks to Florian Weimer and Anibal
> Monsalve Salazar for bringing this issue to my attention.  I have a
> terrible head for this kind of legal stuff, "can't we all just get
> the code?"
>

> This is the last issue I know of keeping this package out of the Debian
> archives.  Yay!  There's still the manpage issue, but I expect it will
> be resolved upstream in the next few days.

For people trying this out, Zach Brown wrote some excellent
documentation [1].  It would be nice to see this end up in the debian
packages.

If you need a sponsor for this, let me know; I'd like to see it in
debian sooner rather than later.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/3338