Re: cogito_0.10-1 available

On 09-May-2005, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> wrote:
> ] [Sebastian Kuzminsky]
> ] > the shell libraries are moved to /usr/lib/cogito.
> ] Correct, except that it should be /usr/share/cogito/.
>
> The FHS describes /usr/share as "architecture-independent data", and
> gives examples like sound files and icons; this conflicts with
> executable code in my mind.

It could be better described, yes. My understanding of /usr/share as
"architecture-independent" (and read-only, as the description
continues) is that /usr/share/can potentially be mounted read-only
for multiple machines of different architectures.

--
 \           "The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a |
  `\             tragedy, but that it is a bore."  -- Henry L. Mencken |