launchd and lookupd

Apple has just released launchd, a init/cron/watchdog/etc.
replacement. Has anyone looked at it? It seems like a bit of work to
port it to Linux, but then it's also possibly a great tool which
could revolutionise the sysv-rc stuff we have in Debian without us
having to write dependency-rc.

http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/05/01/1858238&tid=182&tid=179&tid=130&tid=3

I don't have a lot of time available, so I did not file an ITP yet.
I am definitely interested in co-maintenance though.

Cheers,

`. `'`

"the husbands of very beautiful women
 belong to the criminal classes."