Re: Sarge release for amd64 - Please help to fix the remaining bugs

amacater@galactic.demon.co.uk (Andrew M.A. Cater) writes:

> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:32:25AM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
>> Debian sarge release for the amd64 architecture
>>
>> At the amd porters irc meeting on 2005-04-23 07:00 UTC, the amd64 porting
>> team decided to release a version of sarge for amd64 which is based on the
>> unpatched Debian sarge source packages.
>>
> This is good news for at least some of the users I support :)
>
> I run a full mirror of Debian here: can you please advise precisely what
> else I need to mirror?

In a while you add a mirror of
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian. That will roughly be
what is currently
http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/debian-pure64/.

> Has the amd64 / pure64 split been sorted out yet: which amd distribution
> is this?  If this is "straight amd64", should I also be making plans to
> mirror pure64 / amd64-gcc4.0 or whatever it's to be called?

The new server will be running Debians DAK suite and hopefully debians
original arch:all packages (what was named debian-amd64) instead of
rebuild packages (what was named debian-pure64). We still have to
convince the DAK to do it though.

An incremental (as in only files not already on a normal debian
mirror) view of the amd64 archive might or might not be provided in
the future. Haven't talked to ganneff about that yet.

The gcc-3.4/4.0 branch will be split of complety as a seperate alioth
project and will be rebuild completly with the now released gcc-4.0
for another round of bug finding. That branch is highly experimental
and not for general use. I highly doubt there is any use in mirroring
it.

> Sorry to be so entirely thick and stupid but it is not
> altogether clear.  With apologies for extraneous noise :)
>
> Andy

MfG
        Goswin