Re: Sarge release for amd64 - Please help to fix the remaining bugs

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 11:32:25AM +0200, Andreas Jochens wrote:
>> Debian sarge release for the amd64 architecture
>>
>> At the amd porters irc meeting on 2005-04-23 07:00 UTC, the amd64 porting
>> team decided to release a version of sarge for amd64 which is based on the
>> unpatched Debian sarge source packages.
>>
> This is good news for at least some of the users I support :)
>
> I run a full mirror of Debian here: can you please advise precisely what
> else I need to mirror?

The basic source of information for amd64 archive and mirror questions is

http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/archive-structure.txt

However, please note that this structure is not yet fully in place.

An announcement will be made when the move to the new host has been
completed and the structure has been set up.

> Has the amd64 / pure64 split been sorted out yet: which amd distribution
> is this?  If this is "straight amd64", should I also be making plans to
> mirror pure64 / amd64-gcc4.0 or whatever it's to be called?

There will only be one official amd64 archive. That archive will follow
the unpatched Debian stable, testing and unstable distributions.

The current amd64/gcc-4.0 archive will be continued in a separated
project to sort out any remaining issues for Debian's planned move to
gcc-4.0 for etch. Now that gcc-4.0 has been officially released,
the gcc-4.0 archive will be recompiled from scratch and reuploaded
to a different location. Details will be announced as soon as this
has been completed.

Regards
Andreas Jochens