Re: Sarge release for amd64 - Please help to fix the remaining bugs

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Andreas Jochens wrote:
>> Debian sarge release for the amd64 architecture
>>
>> At the amd porters irc meeting on 2005-04-23 07:00 UTC, the amd64 porting
>> team decided to release a version of sarge for amd64 which is based on the
>> unpatched Debian sarge source packages.
>>
>> The amd64 porting team will provide security support for the sarge release
>> by autobuilding the security updates as soon as the fixed sources become
>> available.
>>
>> Proposed updates and updated versions for Debian sarge point releases
>> will also be made available for amd64 by the amd64 porting team.
>>
>> The package archive for the Debian amd64 sarge port will be hosted by
>> a Debian server which is located in Darmstadt, Germany.
>> The complete debian-amd64 project will move from the current alioth host
>> to that server.
>
> Well it's nice to see this happening. About the installer, I assume
> you'll be including builds of the debian-installer package on your new
> server, including the "byhand" images it generates. If those images test
> out ok and you give me a url for that, I can add it to
> http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ where we have the rc3
> release, which will probably soon be renamed to the sarge r0 release.

We have daily builds and the normal upload in

http://debian-amd64.alioth.debian.org/pure64/pool/unstable/main/amd64/d/debian-installer/debian-installer-images_20041227_amd64.tar.gz

I guess you want that untared to
/dists/sarge/main/installer-amd64/<date> on the new server?

> If you also build netinst, businesscard, full CD, and/or DVD images
> against sarge, using the udebs and installer images in sarge (not daily
> builds), we can also links for them to that page. And probably to the
> other CD pages on the website, although that may need help from the CD
> and/or web teams. It's also possible that the CD team could do these
> builds for you (we've also moved to a new build server and it could
> possibly add an amd64 mirror), though I haven't discussed this with the
> rest of the team yet.

CD images will be hosted on cdimage.debian.org along with the official
sarge images. So far we only have netinst images build (as they are
the most usefull and alioth doesn't have space) but the rest will
follow. By whom or where they will be build remains to be seen.

MfG
        Goswin