Re: Sarge release for amd64 - Please help to fix the remaining bugs

Andreas Jochens wrote:
> Debian sarge release for the amd64 architecture
>
> At the amd porters irc meeting on 2005-04-23 07:00 UTC, the amd64 porting
> team decided to release a version of sarge for amd64 which is based on the
> unpatched Debian sarge source packages.
>
> The amd64 porting team will provide security support for the sarge release
> by autobuilding the security updates as soon as the fixed sources become
> available.
>
> Proposed updates and updated versions for Debian sarge point releases
> will also be made available for amd64 by the amd64 porting team.
>
> The package archive for the Debian amd64 sarge port will be hosted by
> a Debian server which is located in Darmstadt, Germany.
> The complete debian-amd64 project will move from the current alioth host
> to that server.

Well it's nice to see this happening. About the installer, I assume
you'll be including builds of the debian-installer package on your new
server, including the "byhand" images it generates. If those images test
out ok and you give me a url for that, I can add it to
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ where we have the rc3
release, which will probably soon be renamed to the sarge r0 release.

If you also build netinst, businesscard, full CD, and/or DVD images
against sarge, using the udebs and installer images in sarge (not daily
builds), we can also links for them to that page. And probably to the
other CD pages on the website, although that may need help from the CD
and/or web teams. It's also possible that the CD team could do these
builds for you (we've also moved to a new build server and it could
possibly add an amd64 mirror), though I haven't discussed this with the
rest of the team yet.

--
see shy jo